How to apply for asylum in the UK
Do you want to apply for asylum? Over the last few years, legal aid (free, government-funded legal representation) has suffered with budget cuts all over.
This puts a lot of people at risk because laws and legal procedures can be very complex, and many people might not be able to afford a lawyer.
So, let’s make this simple. In this course, understand what steps you need to take to apply for asylum. While different countries have different asylum laws, this course is a simple step by step process of asylum application.
Even if you have a lawyer, this course can help you understand the asylum procedure.
- Note 1 - How to use this course
- Note 2 - Seeking gender-based asylum
- Note 3 - Your legal case: Lawyer
- Note 4 - Your legal case: Legal aid
- Note 5 - Your legal case: Alternatives to legal aid
- Note 6 - Your legal case: Communicating with lawyers
- Note 7 - Collecting evidence you need for your case
- Note 8 - Documentary and real evidence
- Note 9 - Testimonial evidence
- Note 10 - The process of asylum: Screening interview
- Note 11 - The asylum substantive interview
- Note 12 - Questions during asylum interview
- Note 13 - Asylum decision
- Note 14 - Asylum decision - Refusal and how to appeal
- Note 15 - Course summary